Monday, January 4, 2010

The Freedom of Letting Go

I don't know about you but sometimes I like to hold on to things; not everything, just certain things. "I may need it one day," is the rationale. Sometimes the items are tangible like a book or a shirt. Sometimes, intangible like a perceived opportunity or an unfruitful relationship. Either way, they take up space and drain energy.

There is freedom in letting go, a release, an unleashing. And today, I experienced that freedom. I let go of something. And I have to admit - it felt good. As a result, I've increased my capacity to receive something else in return. While it wasn't planned, it was a great way to start the new year. And I'm excited about what's to come.

There really is a time for everything - even letting go. As you embark upon this new year, free yourself.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Letting go can be hard especially if there is an attachment. Can you share some pointers on how you "let go"?