Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Told You I Was New At This...

After several unsuccessful attempts at responding to a question posed in a comment to the last blog, I decided to post my response.

Can I comment on my own blog?

Anyway, here's my response:

Letting go requires a little of both faith and hope. Whenever I'm confronted with the prospect of purging, I honestly answer one or more of the following questions:

1. Why am I keeping this?
2. Does it fulfill a need or a want?
3. Does it add or take away?
4. When was the last time I used it?

I hope this helps.

Until next time...

2 comments:

cici said...

Yes you Can. I do it all the time. You can do it the same as when you leave a comment♥

Melodye said...

You are so right. We're in the process of purging over 50 years of accumlated stuff. DH's familys' stuff, his stuff, my stuff, kids stuff. And it feels so good to let it go. It's a process and sometimes hard, but it is so worth it! You regain your sanity and peace of mind. Stuff is like a constant background noise. It's always there. Thanks for two insightful posts!